Saturday, April 4, 2015

Saturday Study: Learning from My Mom



Each Saturday I try share something I learned along the way. Today I realized: who better to learn from than my sweet, awesome, little Italian Mom. I'm visiting with my parents this week and no matter how old I get – a day with my Mom is always a learning experience.

I include recipes and videos each week on my Friday Foodie blog day but since so much of my cooking is inspired by my little Momma, I had to share a few today. As you will see below, my Mom has the most amazing garden and uses as much as she can each day for her everyday recipes.

Enjoy!
Linda Kruse & (my Mom) Maria Pia Krus




Red, Yellow and Orange Pepper Salad: (Made to taste) 

(Combine in one bowl)
  • Cut and blanch the peppers in equal parts water and apple cider vinegar / drain and cool
  • Add pitted Olives: black or green
  • Chopped Celery 
  • Chopped Italian Parsley
  • Capers
  • Dried oregano
  • Add Wine Vinegar 
  • Fennel (optional)
  • Refrigerate overnight 
  • Add Olive Oil, salt & pepper before you serve

Green Bean Mediterranean Salad: (Made to taste) 

(Combine in one bowl)

  • Trim, Clean and Boil fresh Green Beans (add salt to water) / Drain / Cool 
  • Add pitted Olives: any kind black and green pitted but could have pimentos inside too
  • Chopped Sun dried tomatoes (can be in Olive Oil)
  • Chopped Pepperoncini Peppers (yellow) 
  • Pimentos (optional) 
  • Add Dried Oregano
  • Chopped Feta Cheese (optional)
  • Add Wine Vinegar 
  • Refrigerate overnight 
  • Add Olive Oil, salt & pepper before you serve





No comments:

Post a Comment