Thursday, July 2, 2015

Throwback Thursday: Gino Cucino, a 2-year old teaching kids to eat healthy

I created and directed a really fun kids cooking series not long ago that many never saw. Initially the Executive Producers wanted to go in a different direction but I thought a kid teaching kids to cook would be an effective way to get children to learn and eat healthy.

The short version goes like this: I was hired to create a kids cooking pilot based on literally a clown-chef in Arizona that the Producers thought kids would like. However, when I met him - I just didn't think he would connect with kids. Since I've worked with a lot of kid actors over the years - I knew there had to be a better way…and then I met GINO.

He was actually the Executive Producers child and ordinarily I would not suggest hiring the producers kid - once you meet Gino, you'll know why I choose him. He is exactly as you see him in the pilot episode of GINO CUCINO.

Whole Foods and Whole Foods Kids in Arizona was gracious enough to sponsor our shoot since they too met and loved Gino. It was the beginning of some of my best directing work with kids. I wanted then and still do today - to create authentic shows with amazing real personalities that are bigger than life in a very genuine way.  A good director only needs to guide so if you're true to your subject - even a two-year-old can shine.

I'm considering a revamp of this idea with a healthier spin…Please take a look and let me know what you think: Would you watch? Would your kids watch? Subscribe to my YouTube channel below and let me know. Happy Throwback Thursday!



********************************
We’re committed to building a better future and highlighting the best of the best of us. 
We're always looking for great places and great people to feature on this blog…
Please send a message

CONNECT with us, JOIN the conversation, 
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel to see more!
Follow us on Twitter
LIKE us on Facebook






No comments:

Post a Comment