Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Wednesday Women of the World: Five Iconic Female Artists who influenced my Acting and Directing work

I was asked this week to recount some of my most influential artists for an article that will feature my work…so I had to put some thought to who and why:

Carol Burnett
Catherine Deneuve
I had five major iconic influences growing up as a child: they were not the most popular and a couple were way before my time - but they certainly made a difference in my work and I wanted to share them in my Wednesday Women of the World.

1. Carol Burnett with her ability to find humor in everything.

2. Catherine Deneuve with her graceful and mysterious presence.


Grace Kelly
Katharine Hepburn
3. Katharine Hepburn's fierce independence and spirited personality.


4. Grace Kelly with her class and classic style.



           Lucille Ball



5. And Lucille Ball. I loved Lucy's effortless way of making people laugh by making fun of herself. Not to mention, I adored her keen business sense. 

Each of these ladies shaped history, shaped me and shaped the industry I work in today. Their grace and humor made a huge difference in how I would become the actor and filmmaker I am today.

Tomorrow would have been Lucy's birthday - Read my Throwback Thursday for 11 things you didn't know about Lucille Ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment