Friday, May 1, 2015

Foodie Friday: FlatBread BLT by combining fridges with my neighbor


I travel a lot but one of my favorite things about coming home is being able to cook with my neighbor, Kathryn. Having another foodie next door is such a treat. On today's post I get to share with all of you how we repeatedly combine our fridges to make some pretty wonderful lunchtime treats. 

So yesterday as we were organizing our back yard for our upcoming BBQ season (BBQ recipes coming soon) we decided we needed to take a break for lunch. I had cooked up bacon earlier so we both were craving a BLT… 

Flat Bread BLT
Kath had a few wonderful Italian seasoned flat breads she picked up from Costco earlier this week and cherry tomatoes. I had the lettuce, bacon and crumbled Gorgonzola cheese….    
  • Fry bacon (we cooked a combination of turkey and regular bacon)
  • Drain bacon fat and heat the flat bread in the same fraying pan
  • Add chopped lettuce, tomatoes 
  • Top with cheese – (we used a combination of feta and gorgonzola)
This is our version of a BLT by combining our refrigerators. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment